Tuesday, September 05, 2006

WHAT did they know & WHEN did they know it (Prophecy in song)


AL STEWART
The Eyes Of Nostradamus
ca 1974


In the east the wind is blowing the boats across the sea
And their sails will fill the morning and their cries ring out to me
Oh, Oh
Oh, the more it changes, the more it stays the same
And the hand just re-arranges the players in the game

Oh, I had a dream, it seemed I stood alone
And the veil of all the years
Goes sinking from my eyes like a stone

A king shall fall and put to death by the English parliament shall be
Fire and plague to London come in the year of six and twenties three
An emperor of France shall rise who will be born near Italy
His rule shall cost his empire dear, Napoloron his name shall be
From Castile does Franco come and the Government driven out shall be
An English king seeks divorce, and from his throne cast down is he
One named Hister shall become a captain of Greater Germany
No law does this man observe and bloody his rise and fall shall be

Man, man, your time is sand, your ways are leaves upon the sea
I am the eyes of Nostradamus, all your ways are known to me
Man, man, your time is sand, your ways are leaves upon the sea
I am the eyes of Nostradamus, all your ways are known to me

In the new lands of America three brothers now shall come to power
Two alone are born to rule but all must die before their hour
Two great men yet brothers not make the north united stand
Its power be seen to grow, and fear possess the eastern lands
Three leagues from the gates of Rome a Pope named Pol is doomed to die
A great wall that divides a city at this time is cast aside
These are the signs I bring to you to show you when the time is nigh
Man, man, your time is sand, your ways are leaves upon the sea
I am the eyes of Nostradamus, all your ways are known to me

1 comment:

Mariah Fleming said...

Beautiful...once again you point out the power of the mind and consciousness, being, in such an eloquent way. Nostradamus may have been a gift from God...God is alive, magic is afoot! And the seasons they go round and round...

I felt so much more alive and connected to the universe when we were up north this weekend. It was gorgeous, and the people were so mellow. Clouds like big cotton candy hats over our heads. Artists and the artistic surrounding us everywhere. Yes, a 'rebirth' of sorts.

Good to be back on the blog. I missed everyone over the weekend. I sure do need my daily (or more) infusion of you all on KCAC Lives to get through the day with hope and enthusiamn anew!!

I hope the extended weekend was a good one for everyone.

"i thank thee god
for most this amazing day
for the leaping greenly
spirits of trees
and a blue true dream
of sky
for everything
which is infinite
which is natural
which is YES"
ee cummings

...and I thank thee for this wonderful thing we share, our KCAC Lives Blog...

K indness
C larity
A utonomy
C ommitment

B old
L oving
O mnipresent
G oodness

That's all of you. How lucky I am to have stumbled upon this last year and had Jimmy invite me to be a contributor. My 'world' becomes more amazing and enlightened with every post I read! (o: