Thursday, September 14, 2006

I'm comin' to Phoenix!

Hi!

It seems things are finally coming together, and I'm actually going to be able to make it down to Arizona this month. The (flexible) plan is to leave here (central Oregon) on this coming Monday, the 18th, drive down through Nevada to Prescott where I can harass Bruce for a day or three, visit his brother Greg in Black Canyon, and then drift south to Phoenix to visit John. It would be great to meet Jimmy, Mariah, Andy, Marty, Bob, Russ, Ray, Dwight, Liz, or anyone who's still in the Phoenix area and would like to get together over a cup of coffee or something. I'd also like to make a pilgrimage to the place where Bill slipped his mortal bonds, to pay my respects, if someone would be willing to show me where it is - and to his memorial plaque (would need directions to this, too). It'd be nice to see Andy's RFP setup, and visit AMEHOF, if I can work that in somehow. I wish Carole and Ron and Dan were there, but Colorado, Texas and Hawaii are just a bit out of my range this time. I love ya all, though, don't cha know, and am looking forward to saying hello after 34 years, for those of you I met back then - and for the first time, for those I didn't know then. Cripes, I'm not even sure who I did meet back then! The memories have faded so much - I remember a few trips to KCAC and Starbrite, and of course there were the concerts in the desert (at which I'm sure I met more of you than I can recall). There were camping trips up to the Mogollan Rim, the Wesak festivals in Cottonwood, and many other sublime and poignant times - the names, faces and particulars may have faded, but not the essence. Anyway, I'm planning on staying until around the 26th or 27th before heading back to Oregon - if any of you would like to trade phone numbers so we can hook up (I'll have my cell phone on the trip), please email me: vagabondvet {at} gmail {dot} com).

Peace an' great harmony to you...

:~)aniel

9 comments:

freespeak@gmail.com said...

Welcome back Dan! Wish I were in Phoenix (or most any part of Arizona) to share it with ya.

DON'T FORGET TO SET YOUR WATCH if you have one. Arizona is the only place in the USA that has any idea what time it really is!

Ronco

Mariah Fleming said...

Fantastic! Lets put together a get together on this end for everyone.

I won't be able to go to Payson, but yes Daniel, I know we can pull off whatever we put our minds to!

Liz, Bob, Jimmy and the gang lets figure out the when and where. Maybe Aunt Fran could pop over here for a few days? Ronco? Just thinking!! Anybody else on the blog too!!!

It might be fun to take Daniel to Cooperstown for a reunion (band?) and/or to Alwun House too.

Ideas anybody?? Liz can you get with Andy about Daniel visiting RFP? Bob can you cantact Kim?
I'll check with Terri Sussman at AMEHOF about that side of things.

God is Alive, Magic is Afoot. Indeed!

freespeak@gmail.com said...

Still working on the motorcyle and figuring out a rack for the walker. BUT maybe next spring...

I'll be ther In Spirit. You all know that.

Ronco

Mariah Fleming said...

AND WHAT A SPIRIT THAT IS!! Conference call, anybody?

vagabondvet said...

Wow! What a great idea, a pow-wow! Thanks for the wonderfully warm welcome, you guys, I'm touched. Of course we all knew I was a little touched anyway, but now my heart is touched, along with my head. I think that's pretty touching. Okay, okay, enough already. Seriously, though, I'm really touched. Big hugs for all, I'm looking forward to this!

Jimmy said...

Looking forward to meeting you, Daniel. Keep us posted on here.

Bruce Frank said...

Kim offered his garden at alwun for us to meet, anytime.
We had some 'business' to discuss reguarding tapes, archiving, who can do what, and with what, etc.
On both counts...
Lets say, Sept. 26, Tuesday evening after 7 or 8 PM... give or take... would be good and be ample time to arrange.
Lets put the ball in Kims court next, someone?, if cool with him, post it as tenative for 24 hours... at witch time, let it be real.
That'll work
Bruce
PS. Bob... I'm with you... i like the way you think... Consider this event a prelim to get some business done... like plan the Party, PowWow

I'm already there dude.... T CUT THE CAKE...
Bruce Frank

I'm exicted to... and looking forward to getting togather with old family and friends... and some new contributors too... (? to me) Though we may have never met, I've been getting to know and apreciate ya'll, more and more, daily, through the KCAC blogg... what a great and talented bunch, my new virtual friends and allies... No suprize realy, the laws of attraction apply. It was always so, with Rebirth as it was with Bill/KCAC. The energy, spirit and dedication to help and serve, attracted the like kind of people, talent, opportunitys and divine intervention, i suppose... to make it work...
To reach out and effect so many people...
To attract each other and quickly find the reporte and solidarity of old friends or family... you had forgotten.
To attract the beautiful and exteraordinary people that became fast friends and allies... our familys and vested members of our Tribes and Communitys... and 'ITS' still growing.
Being virtualy involved already... Lets just do it... Lets get real... I mean up close and personal, in real time and living color.
Kim offered his garden at alwun for us to meet, anytime.
We had some 'business' to discuss reguarding tapes, archiving, who can do what, and with what, etc.
On both counts...
Lets say, Sept. 26, Tuesday evening after 7 or 8 PM... give or take... would be good and be ample time to arrange.
Lets put the ball in Kims court next, someone?, if cool with him, post it as tenative for 24 hours... at witch time, let it be real.
That'll work
Bruce
PS. Bob... I'm with you... i like the way you think... Consider this event a prelim to get some business done... like plan the Party, PowWow

I'm already there dude.... T CUT THE CAKE...
Bruce Frank

Mariah Fleming said...

Bob, Jimmy...
I can send the date Bruce suggests to Kim Moody but I don’t know him. Bob or Jim can you contact Kim personally at Alwun House and see if we can meet there on the date Bruce suggests below?
Sept. 26, Tuesday evening after 7 or 8 PM
Does that work for everyone? Just tryin' to rev the engine! What a celebration it will be to pull this off. Bob you know, well, everyone, can you email them about this? (o:

Bruce Frank said...

Thanks Mariah... Daniel, and our first emmisary to alwun house... we thank you in advance for standing up, presenting and varifying this with them... Please and Thank You!
[dont mention the band,the keg, the light show or the electric kool-aid, till we know how big the garden is.]
Hey hey, dont get excited, just talkin... but if that still gets you excited, bring your ideas & lets talk about it there! Maybe we could conjure up a rebirth of the ledgendary, "Feast of Friends" so bring it.
This stops nothing! reguarding other plans or event already being discussed or planned for Daniel's short visit here, so carry on... hope to see you all at the Alwun House, or somewhere else if needed, Sept. 26, Tuesday evening after 7 or 8 PM... until then i remain, your virtual friend and suporter...
LOL
Bruce Frank