Saturday, September 16, 2006

tapes update

Hi y'all- I'm still working on the tapes; just remebered I have a few additional interview tapes from "Forum" on KDKB, mid-1970s. One is with Ed Abbey (author of "Desert Solitaire" and "The Monkey Wrench Gang"). There's also a Martin Mull interview and brief backstage interviews with Tom Waits and Muddy Waters. I'm continuing to search through old shoeboxes and such for other forgotten tapes, and will ultimately come up with a list of everything I have of interest to the KCAC/KDKB crowd and post it here on the blog.

FYI - in the spirit of those days, when we were all seeking out good new music: check out Andy Hersey, a native-born Arizonan who worked on a number of ranches around Sonoita before taking up music full-time. What Townes Van Zandt and Robert Earl Keen are to Texas, Andy Hersey is to Arizona: our musical poet lauriate, someone who truly loves and appreciates Arizona and expresses it beautifully in song. His CD "Companero Blanco" is the best thing I've heard in years. (Think of it as an Arizona version of John Stewart's great "California Bloodlines." Yes, it's that good.) Check out his website (andyhersey.com), buy the CD, and watch for upcoming gigs at the Last Exit or the Yucca Tap Room.

More later...

Tom

3 comments:

Mariah Fleming said...

Hey Tom,
I don't know where you are, but I sure wish you could make it out here for when Daniel and everyone will get together. What do you say?

Tom Wright said...

I'm in Tempe. Where is this get-together taking place, and when?

Tom

Mariah Fleming said...

Hey Tom!
Tues eve Sept 26 at 7pm or 8. Since I didn't get an email that anyone contacted Kim Moody I will, we need to be sure Tuesday is ok by him...details (o:

Kim are you reading the blog? (o: