Sunday, September 11, 2005

Now is Always...

Now, as always is present in our shared past..Tis a treat to check in, on-line in this time and find our ole souls communicating, connecting....Little Willy is smiling, the Toad is totally with us, Hank is in the spirit of this time...Marty, still on the air, caring, commited to our enlightenment...Cool...So many supersouls singing to us out of the near past..Now, Dr. John, Fats , Aaron n Randy sing songs of Naw Orleans, suspended reality, returning and respected as the home of music that moved our generation to boogie woogie oggie...on the Radio... I remember Bill, in tears telling me that he could not play Jimi on his station, KRUX, go to KRIZ, he say, I did an Doug Southerland n Pat McMahon put him on the air an we sold out the ASU Mens Gym, 1968..Remember, anyone, the magic of that evening ?...That night the Beans became the Tubes, the Spyders became Alice Whoever, Condello & Foreman, stayed the same...Such were the times, radio guys noticed and the next became the norm...Da Wolfman howled from XERF, Del Rio, "Who Loves ya Baby ?". Who, indeed...Da Wolf, Little Willey, Who ?
 
2005, Still jiving, keep livin the scene, dream an awake to reality, world in chaos, America(ns) asking hard questions, soft to no answers coming from the top, down..we wait for relief...
 
To sleep, too dream..Keep wondering....RWG

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Went to a 45th High School reunion last weekend - not MY high school but the one in my neighborhood. Met some old girlfriends, one who I barely rememberd, and old buddy that had lost a leg to diabetes and had been in 'Nam.

Most were strangers, so I spent my time meeting new people my age. I introduced myself as the new Director of FEMA.

FOUR OUT OF FIVE OF THESE PEOPLE BELIEVED ME!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ron Wortham KCAC - 1968?

Mariah Fleming said...

If it gets repeated enough by the people you told it will turn up on Fox as fact! Can't wait!