Feel free to add your own questions...and ANSWERS! How much hip valley history can we stir up? Here's my first bunch of free form queries. Have at it!
KCAC & COMPTON'S KDKB RADIO
1. WHAT was the first song you remember hearing on Bill's KRUX Underground?
2. WHO announced the first KCAC sign on and what did he say?
3. WHERE were the original KCAC studios located?
4. WHEN and at what studio did KCAC have their record collection stolen?
5. WHERE was KRUX located when Bill did his Little Willie Sunshine gig?
6. WERE there any stories about KCAC/KDKB in the New Times?
7. WHAT did KDKB sign on the air with?
8. WHAT did Bill Compton sign off with on his last day there?
9. WHAT fake all women's bank did KDKB advertise?
10. WHAT did the bank provide to "women who found procreation cumbersome and distasteful?"
11. WHAT was the "The Love Workshop" epsiode called in which they ate the baby?
12. WHEN was 'JOHNNY D's R and B' on KDKB?
KCAC/KDKB ERA HOT SPOTS
1. WHAT was "Hatful of Peas?"
2. DID it have anything to do with "Early Peas?"
3. WHAT was The SUN CLUB? Who owned it?
4. WHAT was the SOMBRERO PLAYHOUSE?
6. WHY did people gather at the ENCANTO PARK BAND SHELL?
7. WHO turned part of the McDowell Mountains into a graded, natural seating area for concerts? Is it still there?
8. WHAT was "The INNER EAR?"
9. WHAT was the "BLUE GOAT"?
10. WHAT was the name of the head shop on Central south of Thomas Rd? (owned by Gary Peter Klahr)
12. WHO was Cosmo Topper?
13. WHAT was the 'Red White and Blues' Band?
14. WHAT kind of hang out was TERROS HOUSE and where was it located?
15. WHAT was the RED DOG SALOON?